Saturday, October 30, 2010

Monday at 4:00...

In 37 short hours, you can just call me a home owner!

I haven't been blogging very much lately, let's face it. I'm a pretty busy girl.
I've had Recipe Club, went to see my girl crush Carrie Underwood. (& was definitely retweeted on a billboard!) I have found my favorite wine of all time(- thanks, Sarah for introducing us!) I went to my first Crafting&Cocktails session. Which, by the way, is one heck of a good time that might have involved breaking and entering...but, we'll talk about that later. I had a Halloween party with some of my favorite 3 year olds & I bought my appliances. Picked out counter tops, flooring and paint colors galore. I had my hair appointment and practically died my hair brown... but mainly I haven't been blogging because I am garage sale obsessed. o.b.s.e.s.s.e.d. I seem to be hitting the jackpot every single time I go. It's like a cheap glorious gift from above. Times 29.


Some of my favorite recent finds have been:
-A marvelous iron candlestick for ONE DOLLAR. (it is taller than my knee!)

-A 1920's kidney shaped writing desk. ($30-Thanks, Dad!)
-A great bookshelf ($10)
-A magazine rack ($.25)
-A door- which will soon become a headboard for my guest bedroom, like my cute friends the Crosley's had in their master bedroom. ($5)

-A fullsize bed, which(tomorrow)will become a darling bench for our front porch ($25)
-A wicker rocking chair (that desperately needs a mate.) ($5)

I could truly go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow of my new bench! Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the new house when you guys are all moved in! Happy Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete