For Christmas, Dylan's mom got me the Pioneer Woman Cookbook. If you haven't seen this, or heard of it... Quit reading this post, and go buy it. Now! Or at least check out her website, here.
It is the greatest thing of all time. It is written by Ree Drummond, a self proclaimed accidental country girl, who cooks delicious food her cowboy (AKA Marlboro Man) will love. Everything I have ever made from her book has been nothing short of divine. Tonight I'm trying her Chicken Spaghetti, which I have heard so many good reviews about! I did change a few things, so here is my version:
Serves 4: Preheat Oven to 350'
2 Chicken Breasts
2 cans of Chicken Broth
1 2 oz. jar diced pimientos, drained
1 small onion
1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup
salt, ground pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
2 cups of reduced fat 2% shredded monterey and cheddar jack cheese
1/2 box of linguini, break noodles in half
1. Trim and cut up chicken breasts into small bite size pieces and place into a small pot of 1 can boiling chicken broth, heat until well cooked.
2. With the same pot, pour in the other of chicken broth, and one can filled with water and boil, then cook the noodles.
3. While your noodles are cooking, set out a medium sized bowl, mix together, chicken, pimientos, onion, green pepper, can of mushroom soup, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and 1 cup of cheese. Taste to check spices, and set aside.
4. Drain noodles, and mix in with other ingredients.
5. Pour into a small-medium sized baking greased baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is bubbly.
So Delicious! Definitely will go in our Family Favorites book! :)