Thursday, July 28, 2011

Classroom Tour...

This is mainly just for my memory, but I wanted to do a classroom tour of my room. This morning is our first day of school! I cannot believe the school year is already started! Here is my classroom before I left last night. My mom and I painted just about everything in the room. The purple walls, the grey cabinets, there was a lot to be done in here. But I am SO proud of the way it turned out. One day I'll have to do a before post, so you can know what I was working with! Lime green, teal, aqua- you name it-Yuck!

This is what you see when you very first walk in the door. My desk area...

Here is standing at my desk looking at the door that I come in at. All that storage that you see used to be a hot mess. I spent many a long day cleaning out those bad boys. I also painted the cabinets grey and with chalkboard paint with one of my favorite quotes.


This is the door the kids will come in at. It's just to the right of my door. Here's also a close up of the cutie curtains my mom and I made.
My only bulletin board...

And where all of the kids will put their work, divided by teachers last name...

Just to the right of the teacher drawers there is the sink area... and some art work that are picture definitions of some art vocabulary that we will be working on throughout the year...

The smart board and half of my desk...

And my desk area...
I added this random blanket chest thing I painted a few years ago to the side of my desk, it holds my printer and a few odds and ends, but my favorite is the picture of me and Dylan. It makes me smile every darn time I see it, so I figured if I was having a bad day, it would make it just a little bit better if I saw that. :)


AND my favorite part of my desk is this perfect pencil mug from my sweet friend Sarah. Crayola & Burlap. What could possibly make me happier?!...
It makes me happy and is the perfect match to my cute classroom wreath!

Here's to a great first day today! :)

2 comments: