Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3 months...

Garrett Asher,
You are honestly THE cutest thing I ever did see. I don't believe I will ever get over the fact that you are mine. Even when you look at me like I'm crazy, (see above) my heart still just gushes with pride.
You turned 3 months old on Valentine's day. So it was only appopriate to document you in your cutie onesie that I made you. You are quite a ham. Such a flirt. :)
...
This month we didn't have a doctors appointment. So I have no clue on your stats, but what I can tell you is you are growing like a weed! Your cheeks, in particular, are just so squishy- I steal all the sugars I can get!
You are smiling non stop and cooing. OH the cooing. It is music to my ears. Sometimes, (and by sometimes I mean every minute of the day) we sit and have conversations for as long as you'll let me babble and you just babble right on back. I pray that we will always enjoy our conversations together and you will always feel so safe to tell me whatever is on your heart. You smile at me when you notice I'm looking at you or when you hear my voice. If someone else is holding you, but I'm right there, it's like you only have eyes for me. Bless you, I know that won't last forever but my goodness does it make me feel good now. You are my whole world. I didn't even know a love like this existed. It's like every day that passes just gets better than the day before.
You have been rocking your tummy time and have even begun to roll. You don't fully go all the way over but whether I lay you on your front or your back you go immediately to the side. It's like you know you could go further, but why bother. The side seems to be perfectly fine with you. Who knows, maybe you'll be a side sleeper like your momma?
Everytime I see your precious little tootsies, or squishy little hands I can't help but think of the verse in The Bible  that says "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Because you are, my babe.
...
You're starting to fit in 3-6 month clothing and I already have a huge box full of things you have outgrown.
Each milestone we cross seems to be more and more bittersweet for me. I'm SO proud of you, but I also can't believe that you aren't a "newborn" anymore- even my emails now say "infant". Sigh.
You are sleeping like a champ. Mimi tells me all the time you are spoiling me, but keep it up sweet boy, Daddy and I love it!
 Speaking of Daddy, the two of you are the cutest things.
You guys thumb wrestle. Bless it.
You spend most mornings together and two full days a week are just Daddy/Garrett days. I love coming home from work on those days and hearing all the details about what the two of you have done. He sure does love you and boy do you love him. I like to think I'm your favorite, but the way you light up when he is being silly with you is something I wouldn't trade the world for. I just know the two of you are going to be best friends and make so many wonderful memories together. I try hard not to look too far in the future, because I never want to miss a moment and try to be thankful for the now-but it's hard when I know how much fun the two of you will have with Lambeau and playing sports in the yard. I just feel so much pride thinking of all my boys giggling together.
All in all, you are still the cutest. We love you more than we ever thought possible.
XO,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment