Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Where oh where have I been?...

I'll tell you where I've been...
Two of my favorite girlfriends came to visit me. We had a 24 hour long girls night, and it was much needed.
I am really thankful for them. We had chips and guac, salsa and queso, and homemade sangria. It was delicious and probably the perfect girls night dinner. (I don't even want to begin to add the calories!) Regardless, it was perfect! And homemade sangria is surprisingly easy to make!

I broke one of my salad plates, and had a wee little melt down. Ok fine, I was devastated, but I know it can be replaced, so it's not THAT big of a deal.

I've been spending time with Dylan, on his days off. We had a date night and went and saw She's Out of My League, it is pretty cute! I definitely won't be buying it, but I'm really glad I saw it! I really was pleasantly surprised, and even more inspired by the main character, Molly's, figure. Omg. As if I didn't already need a healthy kick in the pants to jump on the healthy train, that movie did it.

So we've began our lets get ready for summer diets, so if anyone has any healthy recipe ideas, send them my way! :)

Tonight I made Light Chicken Enchiladas, yum! The best part is you can have 2 enchiladas, for a whopping 267 calories! That's right, 267!

Don't those look delicious? Now this picture is from online, but mine looked practically the same. :)
I did do a few variations, so here is my adapted version:

Light Chicken Enchiladas: 3 Servings
2 frozen pieces of chicken breast, thawed and boiled.
1 tbs. of EVOO
1 tsp. Minced garlic
1/4 cup of flour
1-2 tbs. taco seasoning
Salt & Pepper
1 cup of chicken broth
6 small corn tortillas
1/2 cup of monterey jack cheese

Directions:
1. In a medium saucepan boil the chicken in salted water.
2. While Chicken is cooking, spray a square baking dish with cooking spray, and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Remove chicken, shred chicken with two forks, and place in a small bowl.
4. In a different medium saucepan, heat olive oil and garlic until you can smell the garlic cooking (about 1 min.)
5. Then add flour, and taco seasoning, chicken broth and 1/2 cup of water, and whisk while the sauce thickens.
6. Pour 1 cup of the sauce into your bowl with the chicken and leave the remaining sauce on the burner to simmer, whisking occasionally.
7. Wrap your stack of 6 corn tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
8. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and strategically place them in the baking dish seam side down.
9. Pour remaining sauce on top, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese.

Bake at 400 degrees until cheese and sauce are bubbly, about 15 minutes.
Yield: 3 servings, 2 enchiladas per serving

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment