Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Not only is this our first Easter as a married couple, but it's our first Easter to be away from our extended families. I guess that's part of growing up and establishing our own little family. I wish we could have been surrounded by our loved ones, but I'm thankful for Dylan and our love for each other.

These last several holidays we've spent completely on our own are going to be the ones we look back on, and I hope are the ones that we are most proud of. I've tried really hard to start traditions that we will still do on our 50th year of marriage.

I went and met with the Pastor of a church here in Texas last week, and got really excited to start going to church here. I've been so hesitant lately, I love going to church, and miss our old church home so terribly, that I don't even want to go through that whole process again. But, it's been so long Dylan and I are ready. So we found a church here that we really liked, and were looking forward to going today. However, last night Dylan got really sick, and we were up until 6 this morning. :( It was awful, and when we finally woke up at 9, I wasn't feeling well either. So needless to say, we didn't go church this morning like planned, but the rest of the day has been great.

Dylan started feeling better this morning, and snuck out of our room and hid the Easter eggs we had painted Friday around our apartment, then came in to wake me up and told me the Easter Bunny had come and hid some eggs for me to go find. (I love Easter egg hunts!) We might not be able to afford darling baskets, and extravagant gifts like previous years, but I wouldn't trade the morning we had together for anything. Cost free. These are the times that I want to look back on and know that we can get through anything together, with smiles on our faces.

Dylan went off to work and I still wasn't feeling well but was determined to still make us an Easter dinner even if it was so simple. I went with Easter Pasta (Please note the little bunnies, carrots and egg shapes.)

and Vodka Sauce, which was so delicious!


I also made little peanut butter heaven truffles for dessert.

Delicious. Not tempting at all with my stomach upset, but Dylan loved them, and I'm sure his co-workers will too. :)








I'm thankful for an ever loving God. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend.
"Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow."

No comments:

Post a Comment