Thursday, April 8, 2010

Our Day at the Ranch...

...Cadillac Ranch, that is. Let me begin by saying that I am a huge Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood fan. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out, it's on Oxygen and so good! I think Tori Spelling is absolutely a doll. In the season premier of their show, they rented an RV and drove from LA to Atlanta. And wouldn't you know they'd stop on the way in Amarillo. I feel quite certain it was for me. They stopped in two places, 1. Cadillac Ranch, and 2. The Big Texan. Both of which I have blogged about, here.
Dylan had the day off today, and we ventured over to this Cadillac Ranch thing we've heard so much about. How do I even begin to describe it? It is literally 10 old Cadillacs that are placed vertically in the ground. It's the strangest concept. It's literally in the middle of a field. They are covered in graffiti. (Which is a whole other love of mine). When you go, you bring your can of paint, and you make your mark. It's an incredible concept. It's living art at it's finest. I tried to capture Dylan and I drawing our own graffiti on these cars, and counting exactly which car it was on, so later on in life, we can go back and see if our mark is still there. Which for the record, we marked on the 8th and 9th car counting from left to right. :) Regardless, it was a great adventure and as soon as we move, I will feel proud that we went and saw the 2nd most popular thing in this crazy town.

2 comments:

  1. wow that is a pretty intense display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! please take me there if i get to visit! oh, and thank you again for the cutie apron : ) you can bet i always wear it. miss you! it was so good to see you a few weeks ago. please print off recipes for your binder anytime ; )

    ReplyDelete