Monday, May 17, 2010

What the HAIL?!...

I have lived in Oklahoma for 22 years. I have seen some crazy storms in my life, but none of them compared to what I saw yesterday. May 16th, 2010. Baseball sized hail dropping out of the sky so hard it would shatter and skyrocket back up to the roof to leave these little white knicks in the shingles. It was crazy. It went from sunny and gorgeous, to dark and eerie. My dad, brother and I watched from the garage as the hail came shattering down. I took this video on my iPhone, so clearly it isn't great, but you'll get the idea.
Although we only had minimal damage, lots of people had much worse. I'm thankful we were safe, and am praying for those who were not as fortunate. Maybe Oklahoman's should change the song to April flowers bring May showers instead. Welcome to tornado alley.


2 comments: