Friday, November 26, 2010

Ode to Black Friday...

Yesterday was a wonderful day, but real early this morning...was even better.

I spent the day surrounded by family and fun. Dylan had to work last night, so I came home and finished our laundry and by the time he got off work we headed to WalMart to hit up the black Friday sales. AKA heaven in my world. {Just to clarify, black Friday is heaven. Not WalMart.}

I love love love black Friday. It's really truly my favorite day of the year.

.The crowds.

.The h i l a r i o u s people that take everything so seriously I literally laugh out loud watching them. It's like SNL right in front of your face. Classic.

.The people {mostly young women} that are clearly amateurs and get dolled up to go stand in the freaking freezing cold to get a few towels on sale. I mean, I'm all for a good deal, but please... leave the dangly earrings and lipstick at home. It doesn't speed up the line, or guarantee you anything.

.The women that are so die hard they will physically push carts or people right out of the way to get to where they want to go. Priceless.

But, most of all...
I love that it's our tradition. We do it every year. Last night for instance, I didn't need anything from WalMart, but was I going to skip black Friday? No way. Not this girl. Dylan walked out of there with two new games for his xbox, I got the Blindside for $5, and we got all three seasons of the Big Bang Theory for $30. Which is cheaper than if you were to just buy one season on any other day.

I get that it's crazy and some people don't like it, but I say if you've never done it- don't knock it. It's a darn good time, and most of the memories of the adventure will last you all year long. It's fantastic. :)



On a completely different note, we bought our Christmas tree today and it is set up ready to be decorated when Dylan gets off tonight. I can't hardly wait to see it all decorated, but even just right now, it looks & smells darn good if I do say so myself.

Happy Holiday weekend, hope yours was as successful as ours! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the walmart crazyness!! But its worth it!!

    ReplyDelete